Complete your company profile to ensure you're getting paid quickly and efficiently. This article will quickly walk you through profile completion.
The Company Profile is split into three sections:
- Company & Contact Information
- Accounting Settings
- Terms & Conditions
The company profile can be accessed from the drawer menu by clicking on your company or user name at the bottom of the navigation bar.
From the drawer menu, you can also edit your personal profile, start the demo order, or log out.
Company & Contact Information
Your company and contact information will help identify your company in Ship.Cars. It will be listed on your bill of ladings and other non-accounting information.
- Company Photo - A photo of your company, click the picture to change at any time.
- Company Information - This section should specifically contain the owner name and address of your company.
- Contact Information - Contact information for your company.
- Hide User List - This toggle option allows you to hide user information from all users that do not have permissions to edit users.
The accounting settings for your company in Ship.Cars will reflect your flow of business.
- With Auto-invoicing turned on, we'll automatically generate invoices and bill brokers/shippers on your behalf without you having to lift a finger.
- With Auto-invoicing disabled, you'll have to generate and send your own invoices with your preferred method.
If your company profile is complete, filling out the accounting section should be a lot easier. After you click edit, you'll be offered the option to clone your company/contact information directly into the accounting fields. Double check to make sure the information is correct, then click save.
- If your accounting information is different, you can make the necessary changes as well.
After clicking save, you can view a sample invoice at any time.
Terms & Conditions
Every company has their own standards and procedures. Along with that comes terms & conditions. The terms entered into this section will appear in the app during the inspection report. It will be required for the customer to accept these terms in order to continue with the pickup and/or delivery process.
Proper terms & conditions can save your company a lot of headache and set proper expectations for any customer you're working with. So we recommend taking the time to write good terms & conditions for your company if you have not already.
There are drivers who like taking additional pictures to ensure extra protection against damage claims, while there are others who don't feel it is necessary for all orders.
Company owners and supervisors can now choose their own variation of required photos for their drivers. This setting will apply to all your orders that you choose to import or create in Ship.Cars*. Here is how to set this up:
- Navigate to your Company Profile
- Find the Inspection Requirements panel below your Terms & Conditions
- Click on Edit
- Level 1 will allow your drivers to complete an inspection with no photos of the vehicle. However, if a picture is sometimes needed, your driver will be still able to take as many as necessary.
- Level 2 makes two pictures of the vehicle mandatory, and you can choose to add a picture of the odometer and/or the roof by selecting the checkboxes below.
- Level 3 is the default setting with 4 pictures of the sides, and the two additional already selected.
You now have the option to add more slots as required so that your drivers will never forget to take a photo of something you always want to have on file.
Simply tap on the Add Custom Requirement button, place a short description and select the area.
Once you are done, hit the Save button and the setting will be live for all your drivers and all the vehicles they are yet to inspect.
Now that you're familiar with how the company profile works, what are you waiting for?