Complete your company profile to ensure you're getting paid quickly and efficiently. This article will quickly walk you through profile completion.
The Company Profile is split into three sections:
- Company & Contact Information
- Accounting Settings
- Terms & Conditions
The company profile menu can be accessed from the drop down menu by clicking on your company or user name at the top of the navigation bar.
From the drop down menu, you can also edit your personal profile, start the demo order, or log out.
Your company and contact information will help identify your company in Ship.Cars. It will be listed on your bill of ladings and other non-accounting information.
- Company Photo - A photo of your company, click the picture to change at any time.
- Company Information - This section should specifically contain the owner name and address of your company.
- Contact Information - Contact information for your company.
- Hide User List - This toggle option allows you to hide user information from all users that do not have permissions to edit users.
The accounting settings for your company in Ship.Cars will reflect your flow of business.
- With Auto-invoicing turned on, we'll automatically generate invoices and bill brokers/shippers on your behalf without you having to lift a finger.
- With Auto-invoicing disabled, you'll have to generate and send your own invoices with your preferred method.
If your company profile is complete, filling out the accounting section should be a lot easier. After you click edit, you'll be offered the option to clone your company/contact information directly into the accounting fields. Double check to make sure the information is correct, then click save.
- If your accounting information is different, you can make the necessary changes as well.
After clicking save, you can view a sample invoice at any time.
Every company has their own standards and procedures. Along with that comes terms & conditions. The terms entered into this section will appear in the app during the inspection report. It will be required for the customer to accept these terms in order to continue with the pickup and/or delivery process.
Proper terms & conditions can save your company a lot of headache and set proper expectations for any customer you're working with. So we recommend taking the time to write good terms & conditions for your company if you have not already.
Now that you're familiar with how the company profile works, what are you waiting for?